Jobs at Epic [br] [hr]
CORPORATE AND INDIVIDUAL GIVING MANAGER
Epic Theatre Ensemble is a company of artist/activists, committed to creating theatre and theatre-based experiences that challenge and engage our constituents in social change. With a special focus on student initiatives in the New York City public schools.
We are seeking an energetic, organized and ambitious fund development professional to support the expanding fiscal needs of the company. Epic’s contributed income profile has historically relied heavily on foundation and government grants. Individual and Corporate Giving Programs make up the smallest percentage of the company’s contributed income, but have the potential to become a much larger portion of the organization’s annual budget. Working with the Executive Director and Managing Director, the Corporate and Individual Giving Manager will develop strategies to broaden and diversify prospects. The Manager will be responsible for ongoing donor initiatives, as well as strategizing, executing and managing new opportunities to identify, cultivate, and solicit potential donors. The Manager will also lead and execute donor cultivation and fundraising events.
The Manager must be comfortable working with a broad range of clients and constituents including corporate, foundation and government funders, individual major donors, students, and the Epic Board of Directors. The successful candidate will exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills, interact well with people, and handle high-pressure situations with diplomacy and tact. The Corporate and Individual Giving Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and Managing Director, working consistently with the Board of Directors and Executive staff.
- Key responsibilities and job requirements include:
- Expanding individual giving strategies; overseeing implementation of individual giving program, including cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and prospecting
- Managing corporate sponsorship efforts, including identifying appropriate program components, researching companies, and preparing proposal materials
- Analyzing corporate and individual giving data; conduct prospect research
- Writing text for and coordinating design, production, and mailing of targeted appeals, both print and online
- Coordinating outreach to prospective donors, including site visit invitations, progress reports, recognition events, and thank-you calls; maintain calendar for outreach
- Stewardship and expansion of relationships with current funders
- Crafting and communicating Epic’s institutional and programmatic narrative
- Maintain the CRM database
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and event planning skills
- Must be comfortable working with high-potential donor prospects
- 3-5 years of experience working with corporate and/or individual campaigns with existing relationships in the corporate and foundation sector
- Experience with eTapestry, Salesforce or comparable CRM system
- Ability to prioritize and work under deadlines
- A passion for and commitment to the arts, youth development and social justice
- Bachelors degree required (Masters preferred)
Competitive salary in the low 50’s and benefits package is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references. Please submit via email to email@example.com with Corporate and Individual Giving Manager in the subject line.
ABOUT EPIC THEATRE ENSEMBLE
Now in it’s 15th season, Epic is a $1MM non-profit that builds thoughtful citizenship by producing socially-minded plays connected to our partner schools through rigorous in-school and after-school residencies. Off-Broadway, we’ve commissioned and developed 33 new award-winning plays. Over 90,000 audience members have seen an Epic production, including over 15,000 students and 5,000 adult first-time theatergoers. Educationally, Epic has reached over 30,000 students with our in-depth arts residencies with some of the most disenfranchised youth communities in New York City (including three full-school partnerships), our after-school Shakespeare Remix program (winner of the 2009 Coming Up Taller Award from the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities) and our ground-breaking arts leadership program, Epic Next.